Home Standby Generators
A strong storm, an aging energy grid, or for seemingly no reason at all, the power is out and there’s no telling for how long. It has probably happened to all of us at some point. Meanwhile, the food in your refrigerator is spoiling, the air conditioning isn’t running, and it’s dark. A standby home generator keeps your power on during an outage.
- It’s installed outside your house (like an AC unit) and comes on automatically — whether you’re home or away. All within seconds of a power outage
- Plus home generators run on propane or natural gas, so there’s no refueling
Let’s face it: business interruption of any kind can be very costly. A commercial standby generator is ideal for backing up your business — and ensuring your revenue stream.
- Automatically restores power in seconds – whether you’re open or closed
- Powers your business, including critical hard-wired systems like A/C, heat, computers, security systems, refrigerators, freezers, and more
- No refueling – runs on your small business’s natural or LP gas
Generators & Transfer Switches
Briggs & Stratton carries the industry’s most comprehensive line of residential standby generators. You can select from several different units to meet your needs, from 20kW to 45kW. Our expansive line includes product and performance benefits that make getting standby power easy, affordable and worry-free.
Where else can you get all this?
- A Name You Can Trust – No one knows more about power than Briggs & Stratton. We have been manufacturing quality products for more that 100 years for industry, electrical utilities, and residential applications. So we know exactly what you need in a home standby generator system.
- Reliable – Briggs & Stratton home standby generators have an excellent in-service record. They are built for years of reliable operation and powered by tough, efficient Briggs & Stratton or GM engines, making them the perfect choice for standby power.
- Quiet & Compact – Briggs & Stratton residential standby generators boast the smallest footprint in the industry for a subtle yard presence and easy installation. They feature sound-absorbing, weather-protected enclosures and spark-arrest mufflers, to make them neighbor-friendly.
- Fully Automatic Operation – The home standby generator starts, transfers power, and stops automatically based on the available utility power
- Air cooled and Liquid cooled models
- All units can be fueled by either natural gas or liquid propane
- Built-in diagnostics – System is self-checked through an automatic weekly test
- All weather protection
- Extra quiet operation
- Computer-friendly power